Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Best Meditation









Sleep is the best meditation.
~Dalai Lama









I agree wholeheartedly with His Holiness. I love sleep! And when sleep is preceded by making love with my mate of 24 years, and then the 2 of us drifting off to dreamland together, our bodies naked and entwined, our energies still gently pulsing and gliding together as One...

Well, you get the picture. All over the world people of all kinds are making love and falling asleep together. I wonder how many of them are consciously aware of how truly blessed they are. Making love, falling asleep, dreaming, waking up to a fresh new day...These are some of the most simple blessings of Life. The simple things are always the easiest to overlook. The simple things are also the most profound. The greatest mysteries of the Universe are the most deeply hidden. And they are hidden in plain sight.

Even when my husband is out of town, and I am getting into bed on my own, I absolutely relish the feeling of releasing all the tension from my body, leaving all earthly matters behind, and feeling nothing but the comfort and warmth of my bed, and the gratitude in my heart.

And I thoroughly enjoy the freedom of my dreamworld. I know that whatever is happening in my life that is confusing to me will eventually find resolution in my dream reality. The angels sing to us in our dreams, and their perfect harmony can heal anything and everything that ails us, if only we have the courage to listen.

When morning comes, I like to stay in bed for a while until I am fully awake. When I do this, I feel that I am drifting between the dream and waking worlds, and allowing the 2 to become One. In other words... Heaven on Earth. This really is Heaven on Earth. Sometimes I forget that. But the best meditation always refreshes my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment