Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Love is AWESOME!


Feel the freedom that comes when you are at peace with yourself. Feel the blessings that come when you open your heart to everyone and everything. Feel the ease of being playful, the excitement of being alive, the joy of embracing your life. When you give yourself away to love, you get the whole world back in return. When you give yourself away to love, every day becomes a wondrous celebration.
~Philip Berk







A fresh new blanket of snow is covering my evergreen tree-filled, alpine world this morning. The sun is shining down from a lovely blue sky on a glowing Christmas wonderland. It is so beautiful that it doesn't seem real. It seems instead to have been born from the imagination of a child, and his fantasies of Christmas in paradise.

I was born and raised in Chicago, so my body was trained to adapt to harsh weather from the time I left my mother's womb in December of 1967. I can adapt each winter, but I find that my body's true nature is to seek out the hot and humid climate of my Filipino ancestors. My body is being challenged to accept and allow the circumstances of its current existence, even though it is not entirely comfortable.

I do know that every physical occurrence has its corresponding spiritual truth. I am pondering this as my eyes feast on magical beauty, while my body feels cold and dry. I can see the magical beauty of the love I share with my husband, and our 6 astounding children. And I can feel the cold and dry places of my heart that have been wounded and healed, but where the scars have not completely faded.

The blood of my ancestors runs through my body, and it longs to return to its true home. The spirit of God moves through my heart, and it longs to return to its true home, Heaven on Earth.

This is how you get to Heaven on Earth: Accept and allow who you are right Now. When you are at peace with yourself, the shackles of doubt and fear break their hold upon you. Love, the only true power in the Universe, takes control of your life. Challenges are met with the confidence of knowing that life is here for you to enjoy, and you can trust Love to lead the way through one adventure and on to the next. The world becomes your playground. And like a playground, there can be unfairness and fighting, crying and cruelty. But overall, it is a very fun and pleasant place to be, where the Children of God can have a really good time together, laughing and playing, using their bodies, and learning how to share and get along.

Love is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment