Saturday, December 26, 2009

Get Ready


Some people think a miracle is only a miracle if it happens instantaneously, but miracles can grow slowly and patience and faith can compel things to happen that otherwise never would have come to pass. ~Boyd K. Packer



It's easy to tell if you're ready for a miracle. Just open your eyes and look around you. Do you see miracles? If you do, then you're ready. Because the truth is, Life is a miracle. If you're not seeing it, then your eyes aren't fully open, and you're not ready.

And that's perfectly fine. There have been times in my life where the eyes of my heart have been so clouded by grief and despair, that I was unable to see anything but my own sadness reflected back at me. At those times, I instinctively did my best to grab onto whatever scrap of blind faith that I could find. They were few and far between, but in retrospect I can see that those were the moments that saved me.

Now I can see that my thoughts are the seeds that I plant in the garden of my reality. And that is one heck of a miracle! It's my garden, and I can plant whatever I want. It's actually more accurate to say: That is one HEAVENLY MIRACLE! Because how else could this possibly be true? If this isn't Heaven on Earth, then how can I just think and create?!

I know that there are many people, myself included, that appear to be separated from loved ones by death. And if they are in the deepest throes of mourning, their thoughts on this subject will tend to run along the lines of: Well, that's a bunch of bull. I am thinking that I want to be with this person I love and it's not happening.

The truth is, that person is actually getting exactly what they are thinking. Their dominant thoughts are: I'm sad because this person is not with me and will never, ever be with me again. But if for the briefest of moments you can have even one pure thought of the love that will always connect you, you will begin to see evidence of the fact that you are not separate at all. It will come to you in the tiniest of whispers at first. And as your thoughts turn more toward the truth of everlasting love, your reality will turn more toward the kinds of big and instantaneous events that are more easily recognizable as miraculous.

If you can just trust life a little, and have faith that everything happens for your highest good, you will develop the patience to wait for your seeds to grow into the kinds of plants that produce beautiful and delectable fruits. These Heavenly fruits will nourish your life and give you new seeds to plant for even more miraculous joy.

Open your eyes and look around. Even if you see nothing but garbage, know that that is a miracle too. It's your thoughts that placed that trash where it is. It's your thoughts that will remove it. And now you're ready.

1 comment:

  1. I like to define miracles as moments when we release tension. When something that is in knots and is wound up finds its self opened up once more so that one can see more clearly, I feel a miracle has happened. In contrast, I see life as Magic. What we see are creations and loops and spells where what we see is the result of intentions, which are therefore tension. There is nothing wrong with tension, but its nice to not get too tight. The form of the body is only there because it is a combination of tensions. Therefore, magic is born and miracles release the form back to spirit. I believe that is why the old church fought those who practiced magic, because it is feminine based....giving birth to something....when some in the Church were interested in returning to spirit. But life is symantics. We are all pointing to the same thing.

    ReplyDelete