Saturday, January 2, 2010

LOVE is ALWAYS the ANSWER

Complaining about anything holds you in the place of refusing to receive the things you've been asking for. ~Abraham-Hicks

I recently found myself in the position of having to deal with a very confused and angry person, full of complaints about everything in life, including me. The first thing I do in a difficult situation is remind myself to open my heart, instead of the very human response of closing it up in a state defensiveness. Doing this, I realized that this person was full of fear. And that, had the circumstances of my early life been the same, I would likely be experiencing the same terror and mistrust of the very Source that gives me life as well. Knowing this, compassion and forgiveness soon follow.

Next, I remind myself that absolutely everything happens for my benefit, and I ask Source/God what that benefit might be. The primary gift of this challenge was to see the direct result of my own whining and complaining in times past. Yes, everything you do really does come right back to you. And so, my resolve to turn my own life into a NO WHINING ZONE was most definitely fortified.

Finally, I turn to my Higher Self/God/Source and ask how I can help this person that is feeling so much pain. And this was the answer: LOVE.

Love is always the answer. It's so simple, it's easy to overlook. And it's difficult to stand strong in love, when you are being attacked by hate. But knowing what I do, it is no longer possible to believe that there can ever be another option. We are all sending our actions out into the world on a cosmic boomerang. Reacting to hate with more hate keeps us in an endless and inescapable loop of misery.

And so, I do my best to love, even when it seems impossible to accomplish. I love, even when it appears to have no positive effect. I love when love is not immediately returned, knowing that it eventually will be. I get better at it all the time. And the results improve accordingly, increasingly filling my life with bliss, and freedom, and of course- LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. How very true! Working at the Post Office, I frequently come into contact with angry customers, and I have found if I silently send them love and light, they usually end up leaving happier than when they came in!!

    ReplyDelete